Temporary changes due to Covid-19: Opening of limited Pick-Up Service starting Thursday September 24, 2020 - IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ PRIOR TO PICK UP
September 18, 2020
We are excited to announce that we will be opening a limited Pick-Up Service starting on Thursday September 24. We’re looking forward to seeing you again soon! Before you come in, please be aware of some important changes that we’ve put in place to help keep our members and staff safe and healthy:
- You will need to sign up for a 2-Hour Pick Up Timeslot prior to coming in to pick up an order
- Our Pick-Up Service will be available three days per week: Tuesday 10am-6pm, Thursday 10am-2pm, and Friday 10am-2pm
- Masks will be mandatory inside our facility (this includes staff), with certain exceptions for age or health reasons
- You will be asked to hand sanitize upon entry
- Due to space limitations, only one person or family will be permitted inside at a time
- Products will not be available for purchase on-site
- Our restroom will not be available
And it goes without saying, please do not come visit us if you are feeling unwell in any way!
Two other important things to note: We will be accepting in-person returns when we open, and for those that enjoy the convenience of having their orders shipped, we will continue to offer $6 Flat Rate Shipping allowing you to combine multiple orders under this rate.
Again, we are excited to see our members soon! We will do our best to run the Pick-Up Service as efficiently as possible, and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
If you have existing orders in our system that you would like us to ship to you please submit a quick Shipping Request. As always, our team is available on Facebook and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know if you have any questions!
August 13, 2020
Our entire team would like our members to know that we deeply miss the happy buzz of parents and kiddies in our showroom. We so enjoyed these daily connections and look forward to when this is possible again!
At this time we are targeting a reopening of our Pick-Up Service in the week of September 21, 2020. The key reasons for keeping this closed for now are as follows:
- Lengthy Pick-Up Wait Times – Under the Worksafe BC Covid-19 Guidelines, the size of our facility will allow us to accommodate only two members and one staff member at a time. Based on our regular pick-up traffic, these limits would result in lengthy wait times to enter our facility (we estimate 30-45 minutes), causing traffic and parking complications in our complex.
- Increased Product Prices – In order to operate safely, the Worksafe BC Covid-19 Guidelines would require that we extend our normal pick-up hours to spread out member visits, and add additional staff to manage traffic flow. This would add significant operational costs, and unfortunately would result in higher product prices. Our goal is to keep prices as low as possible for members, and so this just goes against the very reason MommyPow exists!
- Termination of $6 Flat Rate Shipping – due to the increased costs of opening the Pick-Up Service, we would no longer be able to offer the current subsidized $6 Flat Rate Shipping and would have to return to charging members full Canada Post prices of $7.95-$14.95 per order.
For now, we can offer the vast majority of our members a better service by keeping the Pick-Up Service closed, and continuing to offer subsidized $6 Flat Rate shipping for all orders (this includes multiple orders that have been combined). This will enable our team to get orders into members’ hands as quickly, easily and safely as possible while keeping our prices where you expect them.
We will continue to review the reopening of our Pick-Up Service, and measure this against the Worksafe BC Covid-19 Guidelines and providing all our members the best service that we can. We will also be reviewing our Returns Policy shortly, with the view to enabling members to do returns by mail. More information on that will be available soon.
If you have existing orders in our system that you would like us to ship to you please submit a quick Shipping Request. Our team will continue as normal to be available on Facebook and by email at email@example.com.
On behalf of all of us at MommyPow we thank you for continuing to buy from a local business. From our families to yours, stay positive, safe and healthy!
March 18, 2020
As a small community-based business that serves local families, we are committed to doing our part to help stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Here are some important temporary changes we have made to protect and support our members:
Paused Pick-Up Service and $6 Flat Rate Shipping
In order to encourage people to stay home and exercise social distancing, we have stopped operating our order pick-up service, until further notice. So that it continues to be easy and affordable for all our members to receive their orders, we have introduced $6 Flat Rate Shipping. All new orders (with the exception of a few Oversized Items) are eligible for this subsidized rate. Alternatively, we will be happy to hold orders at our warehouse until our pick-up service resumes. You will now have the choice of these two options when you place your order on our website.
If you have existing pick-up orders in our system and would like them shipped, please submit a Shipping Request and we’ll be happy to take care of this for you. We can combine multiple orders and most will be eligible for the $6 Flat Rate (with the exception of Oversized Items). Please note that if you have already paid for shipping on an order, we cannot retroactively apply this rate. If you would like us to hold your orders until we reopen there is nothing for you to do.
Paused Pick-Up and Returns Policies
We have paused our 40-Day Pick Up Policy. Orders will be held in our warehouse indefinitely, until further notice.
We have paused our 15-Day Return Policy. Please keep items you would like to return in their original packaging and tuck them away safely until our warehouse reopens to members.
Diverting to Local Suppliers
We are a powerful like-minded buying community with over 38,000 local members. Our team is confident that we will be able to continue to source quality products that families will want and need over the coming months. We are diverting our focus to sourcing products from our established Canadian suppliers, and are hard at work seeking out new local manufacturers and brands.
Our team will continue as normal to be available on Facebook and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We sincerely appreciate you continuing to buy from a local business. From our families to yours, stay positive, safe and healthy.